Fine Artist

It's all about making
...with a bit of other stuff thrown in.

Tuesday 20 July 2010

Ferrers Gallery @ Staunton Harold


Quick visit to Staunton Harold this afternoon.  They have a British Contemporary Craft Exhibition on in the Ferrers Gallery at the moment.  It was pretty work, I particularly liked the large scale mixed media pieces by Lesley Whelan.  I've seen here work before and thought it was lovely, the colours are so vibrant.  I'd like to know more about how the work is made.  While I was there I had a little look around the tiny shops that are based in the courtyard.  I bought a really cute little bag for my daughter; she may be 18 but I think she'll love it!
Didn't have a cup of tea in the cafe, it was packed because of the nice weather.  Instead I went for a walk around the grounds and sat outside near the lake for a while watching the ducklings splashing around.  It was a lovely peaceful afternoon.