Fine Artist

It's all about making
...with a bit of other stuff thrown in.

Saturday 31 July 2010

Origami

£20 well spent this afternoon I think, when I say £20 I actually mean £30 because I came straight home and ordered two books off Amazon - bumps the price up a touch!
I have been to an Origami workshop held in the Catmose Gallery, Oakham.  The workshop was run by Phiona Richards who is exhibiting in Fusion at the Gallery until 28th August.  There was only me and a very odd man in a rain mac in attendance, most peculiar...
Phiona demonstrated how to make boxes, simple stuff but it can be developed.  My favourite is made out of an old Victoria Holt novel I took with me.  Book sculpture is really popular at the moment, I think it has so much potential and looks so beautiful.  I really enjoyed it, so much so that I came home and purchased an origami encyclopedia and a bookbinding manual.  Can't wait to get started. Phiona is running some more workshops at Catmose, I think I'll see about booking a place - I've come over all creative!

Here's the links if anyone is interested;
http://rarenotions.co.uk