Fine Artist

It's all about making
...with a bit of other stuff thrown in.

Saturday 24 July 2010

Stratford Upon Avon


Instead of sitting around the house on my own today, I decided to go to Stratford.  The traffic on the way in was jammed, but it wasn't that busy once I had parked.  I walked along the river up to Holy Trinity Church, where Shakespeare is buried, and back towards the town through a little park.  The Oxford Theatrical Company were performing The Taming of The Shrew in the park so I sat and watched that for a while.  After that I wandered round the shops and pretty streets, got annoyed with the tourists - why film a pigeon eating a bit of bread?, had some lunch on the river bank and went to the Butterfly Farm.  I'm not kidding, there were Butterflies everywhere.  They were massive and landed on you.  It was frightening, like having a dirty great bird/insect thing crawling on your skin.  No thank you.  I got some photographs of cocoons though, which I want to use in my art this year - or at least an idea based on the safety of a cocoon...
So after the Butterfly ordeal I walked round the shops a bit more and nipped into Whitehall Gallery where they had a Rolf Harris Exhibition on.  The woman was really nice, I think she thought I was going to buy something.  Very much mistaken I'm afraid.  Then it was back to the car and home before it started to rain. A Saturday well spent.